top of page

Small Claims

The Small Claims Court handles issues regarding the recovery of personal property where the amount claimed does not exceed $35,000, excluding costs such as court fees. This includes value of all goods the plaintiff is claiming in total - regardless of the number of defendants named in the matter.

Paralegals licensed under the Law Society of Ontario play an important role in providing access to justice by specializing in small claims matters.

Refugee Claims

Refugees are people who have fled their countries for fear of persecution

and are not able to return home.

The situation that a refugee finds himself in is markedly different from that of an immigrant, who chooses to settle permanently in another country in the quest for a better quality of life.


Canada’s refugee system has two main parts; the Refugee and Humanitarian Resettlement Program for those seeking protection from outside Canada and the In-Canada Asylum program for those applying from within Canada.

Landlord and Tenant

On January 31st, 2007, the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) created the Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) giving landlords and tenants rights and responsibilities and setting out a process for enforcing them.

The role of the LTB is to inform landlords and tenants of their rights and responsibilities under the RTA,  resolve disputes between landlords and tenants through mediation or adjudication and to resolve eviction applications from co-ops.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)

Litigation is not the only avenue for justice. Mediation and negotiation is sometimes preferable to the expensive and time-consuming litigation process.

Alternative Dispute Resolution can be facilitated if litigation is deemed unnecessary or against the best interests of the client.

At Creed Legal, we seek to serve the best interests of the client in all matters and at all times.

Commissioning and Notarizing of Documents

At Creed Legal Services Professional Corporation, we offer commissioning and notarizing services. 

Commissioning a document means taking an oath, affidavit or statutory declaration. Only those authorized by the Province of Ontario, called "Commissioner of Oaths" or "Commissioner for Taking Affidavits", such as lawyers and paralegals, may act as commissioners.

A notary public affixes a seal and signature to affirm that a document is a certified true copy. Notarizing is preferable to commissioning if the document may be used outside of the province of Ontario.

bottom of page